Yeah, sure, it's winter...but, this burger is sure to please your taste buds with the warm cheddar cheese and the cold and crisp pickles.
Here's what you'll need.
- Hamburger buns (you'll need bigger ones if you choose to use Amy's or Hilary's burgers)
- Veggie Burgers (I used Hilary's..they're delicious!)
- Cheddar cheese (I used Daiya)
- Pickles (the bread and butter kind are the best)
- Purple Onion
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Ketchup and Mustard
- TBSP Cooking Oil of your choice
I was tempted to throw in some coconut bacon but I just wanted to check this out first.
What to do:
1. Place your veggie burger of choice into the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. This is to warm it up on the inside. While it's cooking in the microwave, take a skillet with about 1 TBSP of oil and start heating it up over a medium flame.
2. We want our veggie burgers to have that crispiness on the outside, kinda like how it is straight off the grill. So..we're going to place them onto the hot skillet for about a minute on each side. For that extra grill taste, put them on low on the skillet for about a minute, then on medium for another minute and then flip and do the same on the other side.
3. During these minute intervals you should be preparing your ingredients for inside the burger.
4. At the end of your "frying" place a piece of cheese onto the veggie burger so that it has time to melt and start looking like a real greasy burger. (minus the grease and cholesterol ;) )
5. Once the cheese has melted and you feel that it's ready. Take your burger off the skillet and place it on the side. Take two buns and butter them up and toast them for a bit on the skillets while they're still hot.
6. Put some Thousand Island dressing on the bottom of your bun. I like to mix it with the vegenaise a little too, but it's up to you since we're going to still add the vegenaise onto the top bun.
7. Add the veggie burger, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and then on the top bun...add some mayo, ketchup and mustard if you like and you are done!
This is very simple and easy to make. However, I have made plenty of burgers before and this one was just SO packed with flavor and tasted amazing. I love the Hillary's brand because when toasted, they have an onion taste and almost taste like the burgers from Burger King (back when from when I ate meat)
As a side, I served up some Alexia onion rings with this homemade sauce. It was cooling and yet kinda spicy.
How you'd make that;
Mix equal amounts of Sriracha sauce with Vegan Ranch (I love Organicville).
..aaaaaand you're done.